IMPORTANT NOTE: The City of McAllen Tax Office has temporarily moved to a new location!!
1501 W. Pecan Blvd.
"Old Police Station"
The Old City Hall location, at 311 N. 15th is NOT open. The building is closed for remodeling.
To enforce the collection of ad valorem tax in the City of McAllen by making sure that every property in the City is correctly appraised and assessed at fair market value, and that every property owner will meet the responsibility to pay property taxes upon ownership of such land.
- Continue to target personal property accounts before they reach statues of limitation on taxation.
- Continue to work with the planning department and appraisal district in order to keep agues rollback issues under control.
- Continue to monitor the partial payment contracts, bankruptcy cases, and special accounts incase of changes.
- Continue to educate the staff for their benefit as well as for the benefit of the citizens of the City of McAllen.
City Taxes 2011-12 Tax Rate -43.13 cents per 100 dollars valuation. (Effective October 1st, 2011)
The City of McAllen accepts quarterly payments, credit card payments, and partial payments.
|Group ||Amount |
|Over 65 or Senior Citizens ||$10,000.00 |
|Disability ||$10,000.00 |
|Veterans ||$5,000.00 to $12,000.00 |
|100%Disabled Veterans ||Total Exempt Homestead |
* Note: Applications for exemptions must be filed with the Chief Appraiser at the Hidalgo County Appraisal Office