The Athletics Division of the Parks and Recreation Department offers a full program throughout the year. Sports leagues, clinics, and special athletic events highlight the schedule.
ADULT SPORTS LEAGUES
Athletic leagues play under the rules and regulations of the Amateur Softball Association (ASA) and the Texas Amateur Athletics Federation (TAAF). Visit www.teamsideline.com/mcallen and stay up to date with registration, schedules and scores.
- Softball Divisions: Men’s B, C, D, E and Co-Rec
- Basketball: Men’s Competitive, Men’s Recreational and Women’s Open
- Volleyball: Co-Ed Recreational and Co-Ed Competitive
- Kickball: Co-Rec
- McAllen Open Tennis Tournament
Annual tournament includes men’s, women’s, and youth singles, doubles, and mixed doubles brackets. More Info
- TAAF Sports
The Texas Amateur Athletics Federation (TAAF) promotes, organizes and conducts amateur athletics in the state of Texas. Participation in local TAAF programs provides the opportunity for both youth and adults to advance to sectional and state competitions. To learn more about TAAF visit their website at www.taaf.com
- Youth Sports
- Track & Field
- TAAF Region 2
- The City of McAllen is proud to host the 2016 & 2017 TAAF Games of Texas Competition. Stay tuned to for more information.
- Umpire Clinic The City of McAllen Parks and Recreation is offering an exciting training opportunity for ASA slow pitch umpires. The clinic consists of a 4-hour classroom session, lunch, ASA Certification Exam and 3-hour field session. More Info
- NFL Punt, Pass, & Kick - Youth Football Skills ChallengeThis annual competition allows boys and girls ages 6 to 15 the opportunity to punt, pass, & kick their way to an NFL playoff game. More Info
- Aquafina Pitch, Hit & Run – Youth Baseball Skills Challenge
This annual competition allows boys and girls ages 6 to 15 the opportunity to punt, pass, & kick their way to an NFL playoff game. More Info
- Summer Sports Camp
A variety of camps are available each summer which are designed to teach technique and develop skills in the specific sports. Basketball, football and baseball are an example of sports offered. The schedule of camps and registration is available in May.