“A conviction of an offense under a traffic law of this State or a political subdivision of this State may result in the assessment on your driver’s license of a surcharge under the Drivers Responsibility Program.”
“A second or subsequent conviction of an offense under the Texas Motor Vehicle Safety Responsibility Act will result in the suspension of your driver’s license and motor vehicle registration unless you file and maintain evidence of financial responsibility with the Department of Public Safety for two years from the date of conviction. The department may waive the requirement to file evidence of financial responsibility if you file satisfactory evidence with the department showing that at the time this citation was issued, the vehicle was covered by a motor vehicle liability insurance policy or that you were otherwise exempt from the requirements to provide evidence of financial responsibility.” If your citation is for a traffic offense and you fail to appear in court or to satisfy any judgment against you as required by law, you may be assessed an additional fine and may be denied the renewal of your driver’s license.
- Online payments require Credit/Debit card authorization (Visa & Master Card only)
- You must pay your citation(s) in full (no partial payments or payment plans).
- Citations must be paid one at a time.
- Citations issued prior to April 1, 2006 may be incorrect due to a computer conversion.
- Before paying online contact the court to verify amount.
- An additional warrant fee is charged to each violation when assigned to a Police Officer. If contacted by a Police Officer, you must come in person to make payment.
- This system will not accept:
- Payments for citations issued to juveniles
- Payments for citations issued to minors with alcohol or tobacco related offenses
- Payments for any dismissal fees
- Payments for any alternative sentencing programs such as a driving safety course, teen court, tobacco, alcohol or options programs
- Payments of fines for persons in jail
- Payments for citations in Warrant Status
- Paying your traffic citation online will generate a “No Contest” plea on the violation and you will have a conviction for the violation reported on your driving record.
- For any other arrangements, you must go by the Municipal Court in person at 1601 N. Bicentennial, McAllen.