TxDOT Update on Bicentennial and 12
CSJ: 0039-17-180 IH 2/US 83 & Bicentennial Blvd
• Contractor: Anderson Columbia Co., Inc.
• Limits of work: IH-2, From FM 2220 (Ware Road) To McColl Rd
• Limits of work: Bicentennial Blvd, From Jackson Ave to Uvalde Ave
• Scope: Interchange Improvements
• Contract Days: 610 Days (3 Years)
• Estimated Completion Date: December 2019
• % Complete: 33%
Progress of Work:
• Demolition on going. Weather has impacted this operation. Here is a tentative schedule of upcoming closures. Our PIO Octavio Saenz will be releasing this information to the media. He will send out notice should there be any changes.
Upcoming Changes in Traffic:
• ALL CLOSURES FROM 9pm -6am
Main Lanes (night operations)
- Mon 9/17/18 I-2 closure for removal of beams. Highway closed in both directions. From: 2nd St to 29th St. Frontage roads remain open.
Eastbound Frontage (night operations) – Frontage Road under Bicentennial Blvd. WB or EB Traffic will be detouring via Bicentennial. Main lanes open.
- Tues 9/18/18 – EBFR closure for removal of slab
- Wed 9/19/18 – EBFR closure for removal of beams (beams to south approach for cutting and disposal)
Westbound Frontage (night operations) – Frontage Road under Bicentennial Blvd. WB or EB Traffic will detouring via Bicentennial. Mainlanes open.
-Thurs 9/20/18 WBFR closure for removal of slab
- Mon 9/24/18 WBFR closure for removal of beams (beams to north approach for cutting and disposal)
Figure 1- Facing East toward Main St- Working on retaining walls for Bicentennial approach
Figure 2- Bicentennial Bridge Approach. Temporary wall on Left, Permeant wall on Rt.
Figure 3 - Approach West of Bicentennial Blvd. Working on Embankment Rt.
Figure 4 - Bicentennial Blvd- Facing West. Working on bridge overpass approach
Figure 5 - Bicentennial Blvd- Facing East. Working on bridge overpass approach & Bridge foundation