Phone: (956) 681-1640
Fax: (956) 681-1649
The Utility Billing Department bills the City’s Utility customers for a wide variety of services, including water and sewer consumption, garbage and recycling pickup, brush collection and related taxes, neighborhood association dues, park dedication fees, sewer surcharges assessed to restaurants and industrial accounts, and other miscellaneous charges. The department strives to process utility statements timely and accurately to ensure the continuous provision of services to the citizens of McAllen and its visitors.
The City of McAllen is divided into three (3) general regions called cycles. Each cycle is billed out monthly on the following scheduled:
- Cycle 5 – Accounts located south of Busness billed on the 3rd
- Cycle 6 – Accounts located between Business 83 and Nolana Ave billed on the 13th
- Cycle 7 – Accounts located north of Nolana Ave billed on the 23rd
Staff analyzes each customer’s water usage that is out of the normal usage and further researching any inconsistencies within the account’s consumption history prior to billing.
- With a staff of eight (8), in fiscal year 2007-2008, the Billing Department processed a total of 466,656 utility statements, averaging 38,888 monthly.
- A total of 98,795 delinquent notices were also distributed, averaging 8,233 monthly.
- Total fiscal year revenue for all services billed was $42,308,450.86 with a total water consumption of 8,664,089,840 gallons.
- 5 Senior Clerks
- 1 Billing Crew Leader
- 1 Administrative Senior Clerk
- 1 Assistant Utility Billing Supervisor
- Total of 86 employees
Utility Billing Manager
Terri Uvalle (Oversees both Utility Billing & Meter Reader departments)