Cases Handled


Cases that are filed in Municipal Court include (but are not limited to) environmental violations, traffic violations, Class C misdemeanors, and violations of City ordinance.

Traffic Violations

Traffic violations include moving and non-moving violations, commercial vehicle violations, failure to maintain financial responsibility, no drivers' license, etc.

Parking Violations

Parking violations are violations of the civil code rather than the criminal code. Class C Misdemeanors Class C misdemeanors (crimes punishable by a maximum fine of $500 or more for a subsequent violation) include: public intoxication, theft (less than $50), disorderly conduct, minors in possession of alcohol, possession of drug paraphernalia, etc. Violations of City Ordinance Includes violations of juvenile curfew, park curfew, environmental violations (pollution, land-development violations, health and safety violations associated with food service establishments, rubbish at a residence, and animal violations),etc.

You may obtain information regarding pending warrants and amounts over the phone, as long as you have the full name and date of birth. We will not provide any other information on the phone (i.e. address, phone number, vehicle driven, etc).

No Insurance Violation

If you did not have your proof of insurance at the time that the officer stopped you, you may bring in the proof to the court and the violation will be dismissed as long as your insurance card covers you at the time of the incident.

If you did not have insurance at the time of the ticket and purchased it afterwards, you will need to be placed on a six (6) month deferral. There is a fee that will need to be paid. Once you bring in your proof of insurance and pay the fee, your deferral will begin from the time you pay or make a payment. At the end of the six month, you are required to return with a letter from your insurance agent, stating that you have maintained the insurance for six months without any cancellation. You may provide a copy of your 6 months' policies and or cards and receipts to prove that you kept insurance as well. The person who received the ticket will need to be named in the insurance policy.

Expired license plates, inspection sticker and driver's license

All three violations will be dismissed to an administrative fee of $20.00, if the driver's license, plates or inspection sticker was renewed within twenty working days. You will need to provide proof (receipt) that the violation was renewed within this time.