McAllen Police Department
Precious Metals License/Permit
As per McAllen City Ordinance Article II, Sec. 86-41 (Precious Metals & Jewelry), any dealer who intends to engage in the business of buying used and/or scrap jewelry, precious and/or semi-precious articles, monies, silverware or any other item covered in the article shall file a written application for a license with the Chief of Police. The business license is issued and shall be valid for a period of one year. Reissuance shall be achieved by resubmission as per Sec. 86-42(b).
(Applications will be returned & denied if they do not meet all of the requirements below)
- Dealer License Appication (Download form)
- Licensing Fee of $10.00 (payable to City of McAllen)
- Proof that an assumed name certificate has been filed with the County Clerk
- Proof applicant is authorized to do business as a corporation in the State of Texas
- A complete Criminal Background (CCH) from the Texas Department of Public Safety for all the employees that will be included in the application
Download the Dealer License Application and complete. Submit completed form in person or by mail accompanied by the $10.00 fee. The fee may be paid by cash/check or money order in person and only by check through the mail. Make check/money order payable to the City of McAllen. Do not send cash.
« Return to Records Bureau Home